A unique opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join our team, where you will use
your expertise and initiative to ensure the effective delivery of all financial aspects of the
Moving on Tyne and Wear programme, including claims, monitoring and compliance of
partners. You will also ensure that, as the lead provider, we are compliant with the
requirements of the contract.
You will be joining the Moving on Tyne and Wear Programme Team who are highly
experienced and passionate individuals committed to using their expertise to deliver the
programme’s objectives. Whilst you will be the sole Finance Manager in the team you will
also work closely with our partner organisations.
Moving On Tyne & Wear is joint-funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund,
and aims to support people with a range of complex need across Tyne and Wear to move
towards or into training and employment. This project is led by Mental Health Concern (MHC)
and supported by the Northern Inclusion Consortium (NIC) which is comprised of four leading
North East charities; Changing Lives, DISC, Groundwork NE & Cumbria, and Mental Health
Concern, each with a well-established commitment to delivering community-based services
for people with complex needs, to make lasting and positive change and to move, in time,
into training and employment.
Mental Health Concern is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that
provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental
health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in
the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are
proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our
staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values
which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth
and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent
We would love to hear from you if you :-
• Are able to lead on claims processes for large scale, multi-partner programmes, e.g. European, Big Lottery, DWP, PBR contracts
• Experienced in using financial systems
• Experienced in producing budgets and forecasts, variance analysis.
• Have good oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
• Are able to conduct internal audits and prepare for and manage the process of external audits.
• Competent in the use of Excel at an advanced level for the provision of financial management information and its use in a wide variety of documents and reports
• Able to interpret, analyse and give financial advice on complex financial information, proposals and processes
• Able to make clear, timely and justifiable decisions.
• Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
As a requirement of the role you must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post. Additional hours may occasionally be required to meet organisational deadlines
What we offer in return;
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
• A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
• An enhanced pension scheme
• A supportive culture that values work-life balance
• Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
• An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
• Discounted gym membership
• Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Death in Service Insurance
The closing date for applications is: noon on the 21st December 2018
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 7th January 2019
For further information / informal chat about this post, contact Ruth Gaul on 0191 2173206 and she will be happy to speak to you.
How to apply
Job Packs providing more information on the role, including a Job Description and Person Specification, can be found below or can be requested by e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and return to HR Department, Buttress House, Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6DS or via email to email@example.com
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Concern Group will cover the cost of this.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.