- This event has passed.
Youth Homelessness and Mental Health
28th August 2019 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Why do I feel like this? Youth Homelessness and Mental Health
9.30 Arrive and registration
10.20 Present report findings, young people’s expereinces and recommendations
10.50 Discussion groups
1. There is a direct correlation between ‘adverse childhood experiences’ (ACE) and poor mental health. What are your current early intervention responses to reach children, young people and families earlier? What are the gaps? What should be added?
2. How do we ensure that any young person who presents to a service with, or is suspected of having mental health problems, is helped access a health practitioner for assessment and support as necessary? What are the gaps? What else should be done?
11.20 Refreshment break
11.35 Discussion groups
3. What can you do to make young people more resilient, consideringmental health and complex needs?
4. How do the services you provide create opportunities for young people with mental health problems in respect to access to housing, positive relations and both enjoyable and meaningful life experiences, with resilience, empowerment and hope being integral to positive outcomes? options you offer meet the needs of young people?
5. How do you provide a ‘psychologically informed environment’? The ‘five ways to wellbeing’ have been shown to have a positive impact on mental health and wellbeing – how do you use the 5-ways within your work? Is there more you can do? What are the barriers?
13.00 Lunch & networking
Who should attend?
Frontline workers and volunteers. Strategists, commissioners may also be interested in this event.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Contact Youth Homeless North East on 0191 255 1911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The venue is close to Monument and Haymarket Metro Stations and 5 minutes from Central Station.
Use Google Maps, postcode NE1 8XS.
Accessible parking is available at the front of the building.
On road parking and limited parking at rear of building priced at £1.60 per hour.
For other local car parks visit:
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Yes, but please try and let us know in advance who will be attending.