- This event has passed.
Ex-Military Self-Employment Discovery Workshop
18th November 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
Whether you’ve already started working on your business idea, or are just beginning to consider self-employment, come along to our X-Forces Enterprise business workshop and meet like-minded people.
This workshop covers:
- The pros and cons of self-employment
- Understanding what starting a business means for you, your family and your finances
- Attributes of a successful entrepreneur
- Discover what support is available, and how to access it
- Peer-to-peer support & networking opportunities
By the end of this one-day workshop you should be able to make an informed decision as to whether starting a business is right for you.
We will help you understand how to progress from having a business idea to starting a business and how X-Forces Enterprise can support you through this journey.
What our attendees say: “Fantastic! It reinforced my ideas and even led to new ones, plus gave me an understanding of what I need to do next!” Christopher attended a Self-Employment Discovery workshop in London.
- Will I need to prepare anything?
You will be sent a short (5 mins) online task before the workshop.
- What do I need to bring?
A pen! There will be workbooks provided.
- Is there an age limit? Yes, you must be over 18 to attend this event.
- Will I need ID?
Yes, please bring your photo ID with you to gain access to the venue.
- Is there any support available after the event?
Our events are just the start of the support we can offer you. If you decide entrepreneurship is for you, we recommend you attend our 2-day Start-up Skills workshop for a more in-depth workshop on business start-up. Alternatively, should you feel ready to proceed, we can assign you a dedicated Business Advisor who will help you apply for start-up funding, following which you will be eligible for our 12 months mentoring programme.
This event is supported by ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.
For any enquiries please call 0121 312 0581 or email us.